Me & My Boy

Monday, September 6, 2010

Two years later...


It's been a couple years since I wrote in this blog. Life got busy and I completely forgot about it. I've been thinking of starting another blog, thinking I had lost this one (I couldn't find the link). Today I found it, so I think I'll just keep it and begin from where I left off.




Of course, with there being a 2 year gap in the writing of this, my life has changed. Jamie is now 7 1/2 and we are not homeschooling anymore. This fall will mark the third year he has attended a local Christian school that I taught at for 2 years before I homeschooled him and where I am now working again. Actually, this year begins my third year since I've returned and fifth year overall. I am teaching middle school English and I absolutely love it! Jamie is in 3rd grade, made straight A's throughout the whole year in 2nd and hopefully is on his way to do the same this year.


Um...Also new in my life is that I moved out of my parent's house where I had previously been living since Jamie was born and we now have our own little 2 bedroom house within walking distance of the school. It is such a blessing. Since we are out on our own we are now the proud (and sometimes annoyed) owners of a 4 month old Beagle named Summer. She is a mess. Literally. She digs holes and wallows in them all day. She is a ball of energy!


Jamie began JBQ (Junior Bible Quiz) last week. Well, began for the season, but actually it's his third year. For the last 2 years he has been in Novice, but this year mark's his first year in Experience. If you are not sure what JBQ is, please google it. It is a fantastic Assemblies of God organization that helps kids memorize Bible facts and verses and mixes it with some healthy competition. We get to travel once a month for "meets" where the kids get to quiz other church teams. It's a lot of fun and Jamie has one of those crazy memorization brains, so he loves it. Plus, he's learning the most important things in life at the same time. Awesome.


Also, I just came back from a 2 weeks mission trip to Africa! More on that later, I'm done writing for now and I'm sure you're done reading.;-)

Labels:

posted by ~*~Hallie~*~ at 1:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home